We are excited to announce the beta release of a webservice API for Bible SuperSearch.
This API is the first release of this work. The API has been built using the Laravel framework, and has most, if not all, of the current (v 2.2) functionality. It also features a fully optimized verse proximity search algorithm. The future 4.0 release will incorporate unreleased v3.0 (“Bible SuperSearch Pro”) functionality, along with completely new features.
These features will include:
- Brand new, streamlined frontend built with Enyo JS
- Italicization of added words
- Strongs number search
- Strongs definitions
- Native plugins for common content management systems (CMS) including WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
- More options for displaying, copying, and printing text.
- Embedded Strongs numbers (for selected Bibles)
- Statistics for a given passage including readability statistics
Now, that our basic API is ready, we will begin work on designing and building a completely new and modern user interface. Along with adding new features to the API, we are hoping to have Bible SuperSearch 4.0 released by April 2018 at the latest.