- Is Bible SuperSearch a link to your website? I’ve seen many web Bible searches that let you link to them.
- What is Bible SuperSearch?
- Why do you only offer Textus Receptus based Bibles?
- Will Bible SuperSearch ever support the Apocrypha?
- I have X Bible version with the proper licensing for it. How do I use it with Bible SuperSearch?
- I have PHP 3.x. Can I run Bible SuperSearch?
- My web hosting account has PHP, but no MySQL. Is there a Bible SuperSearch for me?
- I don’t have either PHP or MySQL on my hosting account? What can I do?
- How do I download your software?
- I’m having trouble installing Bible SuperSearch. The installer keeps asking me to log in, or I keep getting a MySQL error.
- What is Bible SuperSearch Pro? When will this be released?
- What do you charge for Bible SuperSearch?
- I obtained X version of Bible SuperSearch. Will you support it?
- Is there a way that I can run Bible SuperSearch on my home computer?
This now depends on which edition of the software you’re using. The legacy software (all versions before 2.5) runs completely on your website. (The legacy software will be supported with bug fixes and security fixes for the foreseeable future.)
The client software runs on your website, but transparently accesses our API at api.biblesupersearch.com.
In the future, we will release the API code itself as a bundle with our client software. This will allow running the new software entirely on your website. Please see our downloads page for details.
Please note: Bible SuperSearch does NOT run on a regular computer; it is designed for a website and needs a web server to run.
We believe the Textus Receptus/Byzantine text to be the preserved Word of God. The majority (95%) of New Testament manuscripts agree with the Textus Receptus. However, most modern Bibles are based on only 5% of the manuscripts, making them incomplete at the least.
As researchers need to see other Bibles for evacuation purposes, we will be adding them in the future, but they will be plainly marked as for research purposes only.
For more information on the Bible manuscript text issue, please see
We will be releasing a package of developer’s tools soon that will allow you to import any text Bible into Bible SuperSearch.
Also, if you need help importing a Bible, you can have us produce the modules at a per hour rate. Contact us for details.
Go to our downloads page and order the software you want.
Once your payment has processed, you will be given a link to a .zip file. Click on the link, and save the file to your hard drive.
Extract the entire compressed file into one folder, and find the file that starts with “README” or “Install.” This will give you further instructions for installing the software.
It is free. As in zero. After charging for it for a few years, we have decided to make it free again. While we offer it for free, please help us out, and order the paid download if you can. However, support will not be free. If you ask for support, you will be REQUIRED to give your order number or other proof before we can assist you. This includes all forms of support, including email.