While we welcome anyone from any religion or denomination of Christianity, this is what we believe.
- We believe the Bible is the final authority on all matters, especially those of faith and practice. The Bible was given by inspiration of God, and derives it’s authority from it’s Author. God has preserved His Word through the original Greek in the Byzantine text, the original Hebrew in the Masoretic text. God’s Word has also been preserved through vernacular translations, particularly the King James Bible for English speaking peoples.
- We believe that God is existent as a Tri-unity or Trinity, manifesting Himself in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. These three are one, but separate in personality and purpose.
- We believe that Jesus is the eternal Son of God, and the second member of the Trinity. Jesus died and rose to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world. He is presently sitting in Heaven, as the Head of the Church, and is awaiting the time to return for His Church.
- We believe that man is desperately wicked, lost in sin, and sentenced to eternity in hell. Man must be “born again” to escape their sins and punishment. This salvation is ONLY found in faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will shortly return to judge the nations, reward believers, and set up His kingdom on earth, for a thousand year reign.
- We believe water baptism is commanded of new believers as an outward sign of what Christ has done in saving them. It is by immersion only, and is NOT to be administered to infants or unbelievers.
- We believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit empowers believers to do great things for God. This baptism can come at salvation, or at some later time. It can be followed with signs and wonders. The true believer does not seek after signs and wonders, but the signs will follow them. Signs and wonders are for the unbeliever, that they may believe. However, much discernment is required, because Satan can produce his own false signs and wonders.
- We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers united together for preaching, teaching, discipleship, edification, and the propagation of the faith.