We are pleased to announce the beginning of development of Bible SuperSearch version 4.0. This is still in the planning stages, but will include all of the functionality of the current (2.x) release and most of the features of the unreleased ‘Pro’ (3.0) version.
This will be a complete rebuild and rewrite of the software from the database up, with full optimization. It will be built as a webservice API, with plugins for Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and other popular content management systems. As now, it will also be able to be ran on a generic website. Building it as a webservice will allow for much easier installation, and will also allow developers to develop their own user interfaces for the software. The software for the webservice API will also be released, so that websites can run their own webservice if they want, and not have to depend on ours.
Features that will be added in 4.0:
- Italicization of added words
- Strongs number search
- Strongs definitions
- Native plugins for common CMSs including WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
- Optimized verse proximity search (as it currently runs very slow)
- More options for displaying, copying, and printing text.
Features that may be added in 4.0:
- Embedded Strongs numbers (for Bible modules that support it)
- Statistics including readability statistics
This is by no means a complete list. In addition, the new webservice will be able to produce any common webservice format, including XML, SOAP, JSON and JSONP.